Monday, September 26, 2011

Michele Bachmann Calls

One of the best things about working in radio in Iowa is getting to speak with all of the presidential candidates.  Before the 2008 caucus, I interviewed nine candidates, including President Obama and Mike Huckabee.  My program is 15-20 minutes long, so they have to spend some time with me.

This time around, the Republicans have been on a tighter leash for some reason, and while I have worked very hard to get to interview Pawlenty (before he dropped out), Bachmann, Cain, Paul, Gingrich and Romney (Perry hasn't been here yet), it hasn't happened.  No one wants to commit that much time, or go much beyond the basic "cattle call" media shout out.

That is, until an acquaintance of mine and Facebook friend Eric Woolson started working on the Bachmann campaign. I mentioned how difficult it had been to get interviews to Eric, and the next morning I was able to speak with Congresswoman Bachmann.  Thanks Eric!

Here is the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment